Have you ever came across of World Toilet Organization
? Some of us may think its funny to have such organization on this earth. Like many countries placing great emphasis on the economic advantage of tourism, the provision of infrastructure supporting tourism is of paramount importance. Good toilets are a necessity as part of any tourism infrastructure in attracting good supportive comment and visitation by tourists. The size, appearance, design and maintenance of toilets will also be related to other infrastructure at the particular site as well as its surrounds.
Malaysians must see clean, comfortable and beautiful toilets at home and in public areas as a way of life for all, said Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak in The National Toilet Expo and Forum (Natef 2006)organized yesterday by the Ministry of Housing and Local Government with the support of various ministries, City Hall and Subang Jaya Municipal Council, and organised by the Quality Restroom Association of Malaysia. The Government sees the provision of quality public toilets as a high priority and recognises the vital contribution this well-managed service can make to foreign visitors. Well guys, It is time to flush dirty toilet habits down the bowl.
If TPM giving us 5 five-prong plan to change dirty habits, I suggest you guys more than that, just for us to share:
- Do not flick water on the floor after washing your hands. Instead, dry them with the hand dryer or hand towel available.
- Flush the toilet thoroughly after use.
- Dispose all unwanted stuffs into the bins instead of conveniently throwing them on the floor.
- As restrooms can serve as a breeding ground for odors caused by body fluids, bacterias and mold spores, hence they must be well ventilated with regular exchange of air.
- Hand basin is only meant for hand washing. Thus, it shouldn’t be used to wash other materials.
- When using the toilet paper, just pull the exact pieces so that they would not litter the floor.
- Public toilets should be supervised permanently or checked at very regular intervals to maintain the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Vandalism is a common problem in public toilets and it often makes the toilets appear unsightly. Thus, one shouldn’t vandalize the toilets and should uphold the clean image.
- For guys using the toilets, do aim properly at the urinal so as not to dirty the floor.
- Ladies should not set their foot on any part of the toilet bowl so that the toilet bowl will remain clean for the next user.
- Adjust the tap level properly so as to ensure water do not splash onto the ground and thus causing it to be slippery and inconvenient for the next user.
- Do not choke the toilet bowl or the hand-washing basin. They are only used for their purposes and not the other reasons.
- Do not smoke inside the toilet as the fallen ash will dirty the floors.
How about that? Whatever it is, just think about the next person eho going to use the toilet. For parents, do educate your kids on hoe to remain toiletically hygiene
at all time. Everyone needs to visit the restroom several times in the course of the day. By providing public toilets for all, it will encourage more people to travel by transport, to walk, and to cycle, without having the fear of being caught short. The government had done their role implementing it, but we as a citizen should always be the caretaker of own nation.